I've not been too keen on a fixed agenda for the Cambrian Way and a lot depends on my fitness early on and whether I need to revise things after the initial couple of days.
The plan is to split up the first 4 to 5 days and treat these as a warm up given that I can organise this from my house and that I've only two weeks of holiday from work. Fitting the first few days on weekends and with a flexible schedule is going to be pretty handy.
- Cardiff -> Risca, 18m, Train from Ebbw Vale Parkway to Cardiff, return from Risca
- -> Abergavenny, 20m, Train from Abergavenny to Risca, back to Abergavenny
- -> Grwynne Fawr, 15m, Bothy
- -> Crickhowell, 15m, X43 bus to Bwlch
- -> Torpantau, 12m, Stash car or bike at Torpantau and downhill to Bwlch
- -> Penywllt, Glyntawe | 15m| Lift back to Torpantau, South Wales Caving Club
- -> Llandovery, 15m, Hostel
- -> Tyncornel, 15m, Hostel
- -> Claerddu, 14m, Bothy
- -> Duffryn Castell or Ponterwyd, 15m | Hotel possible ?
- -> Dylife, 13m area or beyond, depending on food? hotel or camp ?
- -> Dinas Mawddwy, 21m, Hotel
- -> Barmouth, 21m, Hotel
- -> Cwm Bychan | 14m , Camp
- -> Maentwrog | 10m, Hotel
- -> Beddgelert | 13m, Hostel
- -> Penypass | 10.5m, Hostel
- -> Idwal | 5.4, Hostel
- -> Conwy | 19m, Hotel / Train